- Greet customers as they come into the Bāgery and offer your assistance with their orders
- Ring up food orders and communicate those orders to the kitchen staff, making sure to note any special requests so all items are made correctly
- Explain menu items to customers with enthusiasm and descriptive language, and be knowledgeable about our ingredients so you can tell customers about our commitment to quality, local, organic food sources
- Offer suggestions for order substitutions for customers with allergies or other dietary restrictions
- Offer to help customers find seating and carry items to their tables
- Ensure there is always hot, fresh coffee brewed ready for customers, keep coffee station clean and stocked with cream, sugar and other items
- Direct customers to anything they need, such as utensils, coffee items, booster seats or directions to the restroom
- Take responsibility for keeping the service area and front of house clean at all times. This includes all restrooms, seating and self-serve areas
- Check on kitchen orders and run orders to tables when needed
- Keep other items stocked on the service line to keep the customer experience at high levels.
- Communicate with bakers, management and kitchen staff ahead of running out of items along service line including, but not limited to, baked goods, soups etc.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to work early morning into the afternoon, weekdays and/or weekends
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude and friendly demeanor
- Must be able to work with and around food allergens including, but not limited to: milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soy.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous food service experience
- Experience handling cash and using credit card processing machines